Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Marie

The other weekend, I made a very special Lovebot. I was approached by my good friend Sarah, who thought it would be kind if I donated my time to her family friend. You see, I usually chose not to do my work for free since I am trying to make my own business, however I felt like it would be worth my time to donate a Lovebot to this woman.

Yvonne is Sarah's boyfriend's mother's friend. He has been diagnosed with breast cancer, which has spread to her brain. She's been very sick lately and Sarah thought we could cheer her up with a Lovebot. So, Marie was born.






Although I have never met Yvonne, I felt I should reach out and do what I could. I hope Marie touches her life the way her story touched mine, and I hope Yvonne truly loves Marie. I made Marie extra girly because Sarah told me of Yvonne's love of the color pink.

It's a shame that things like Yvonne's story has to happen. However, I do believe evil has to occur to create happiness the rest of the time. We need to know sadness to understand joy, even though sadness is never fun.

Love and Turtledoves,
Jaco

3 comments:

  1. very cute! :) I am trying to start up my blog with more followers... if you visit and like what you see would you consider following me?
    love, polly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give it a look :)

    Love and Turtledoves,
    Jaco

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovebots are adorable. FACT.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!