Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Body Image




I know I'm not alone when I say I see problems with my physical appearance. I know I'm not alone when I say I wish I had the perfect body. I also know, I'm not alone when I say I feel like I am alone in this.

Body image is such a touchy subject. Everyone has imperfections and everyone thinks their problems are so much worse than they ever are. I, for example, think I am much more overweight than I am in reality. I have a skinny friend who thinks she's overweight, I think it's terrible that we all think we're so imperfect. If I could help the younger generations at all, I would tell him that everyone is beautiful. Skinny girls, over weight girls, in between girls, everyone is really quiet beautiful. I wish more people saw that, I also wish people would embrace uniqueness more. The girls who are average middle school or high school often turn into the really gorgeous girls, especially because they are humble. I wish I could spread self-love to the younger girls.

I know I'm not the only one who has "ugly" days. Ya know, those days where you feel just... blah. On those days, I try to up my spirits with a little make over. I redo my finger nails, shave my legs, maybe wear a pretty dress. My favorite is painting my finger nails, which I think I'm going to go do right now! ♥

*both images from weheartit*

What do you do to make yourself feel beautiful?

Love and Turtledoves,
Jaco

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post and totally agree with you. I have known so many girls who were always really average looking who went on to be beautiful! And I honestly think, everyone goes on to be beautiful (or are)
    I loved reading this. As for what makes me feel beautiful, a cute dress that fits well. I love it when my clothes fit right and I know this sounds silly and superficial but when I'm walking around and feeling beautiful, things don't get to me as much as they would in jeans and a tee shirt. It's like I have to live up to the happy image I present...so i do!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!