Friday, September 2, 2011

Red Obsession

So here's the thing. I've been almost every natural hair color under the sun over the years. I've been a red hair, a light brunette, a dark brunette, an almost blonde, and I've had black hair. So far black is the only color I've really really loved. It's the only color I've kept this long, which is about a year and a half. 


Now I'm having an itch for a hair color I've never had. I'm really truly considering dying my hair fire red.






My only apprehension is I'd be doing my hair. So that means I'll have to bleach it myself, pray I don't ruin my entire head of hair that is FINALLY long, and then the red. I don't worry about the dying process because I usually dye mine black, but I just don't want to fry my hair really bad by mistake.

I've never had bright bright hair but I've always really wanted it. Now that I'm in college and doing my own thing I think it might be time to try it out.
Whaddyea think?
Love and Turtledoves,
Jacqueline

(all the pictures are from tumblr so I'm sorry I don't have the real sources. If anyone has the sources please give them to me and I'll add them right away!)

5 comments:

  1. I had purple and then BRIGHT red hair when I was fourteen, it was amazing. I've even been considering dipping my hair with a super bright color. Just do the research about the best way to bleach it and then the best way to treat your hair like a princess after you abuse it. I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told to bleach it a few days before you dye it otherwise it may come out super splochy. Tell me how it goes because I want to dye mine blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you would look FABULOUS with fire red hair! Let me know how it turns out. I'm dying (haha, I made a joke) to put bright bright bright purple in mine, but it's already messed up from the last time I did it :/ so I have to save my pennies and see if I can find some easy to use extensions or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for it! I had red hair for years, and absolutely loved it!

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been a redhead since I was in college (eep 8 years ago!) I've had just about every shade of it, and like orangey ones the best. The only trouble is that it fades so fast. *le sigh
    My natural colour is a med brown and if I get the super bright box dyes and leave it in a little longer than the box says, the colour lifts on its own. i don't like bleaching first because it's so high maintenance - tho sometimes i do it underneath where you won't see root growth.
    Good luck, but be warned - once you go red, you may never go back!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!