Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lovebot Restyle

Back in 2010 I decided I would start sewing stuffed animals and kinda jumped into it. I started making Lovebots out of felt and my sewing wasn't very good. Over time I started to improve my sewing and I switched to fleece because felt just wouldn't last after a few nights of cuddling. My first few Lovebots are pretty much terrible. (Sorry friends and family and anyone who bought one. I was new.)


The only Lovebot I have ever kept for myself is the first Lovebot I ever made. His name is Petey Lovebot and he's in bad shape. His head is almost off, his thread doesn't match, and the felt is pilling up really badly. I have to admit that I am in love with him though. I can't resist his silly little smile. 



So the other day, I remade Petey. I used fleece, like all my other Lovebots I make now, and better construction. He looks like a million bucks now! I'm so proud of how far I've come in such a fast year. I really want to work on bringing more Lovebots to more loving homes, I really find happiness in bringing my creations to others.

Love and Turtledoves,
Jacqueline

2 comments:

  1. One day I will own one of these lovlies, I do swear this to myself. Such a unique and adorable creation, by a unique and wonderful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are amazingly adorable! nicely done jacqueline!

    xo, lizzie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!