Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hair Fiasco: The Quest for a Good Hair Dresser

Photobucket

Episode I: The Beauty School

For years I have either 1. dyed my own hair or 2. driven 45-60 minutes and paid over a hundred dollars to get my hair done. Well now I live in a new city and along with that move I moved away from hair dressers I was familiar with. I am on the quest for, naturally, long hair and thus I wait about six to eight months before getting the length of my hair cut. 

The problem lies in the bangs. Bangs cannot wait six to eight months. Bangs get into my eyes and hurt me. Also, when they get long I just start to look silly and shabby. I don't really like that. I like to look presentable. So my quest for a hair dress has begun.

Today I tried a beauty school in Orange County. While I have to report that the girl was very nice... it was a little bit of a nightmare. I have naturally brown roots showing with my dyed black hair. I asked her to dye it cherry black so it'll be kinda red in the sun. Instead I received purple roots and cherry black hair. Not really the look I was going for. After 2 more headfulls of dye (ouchies!), my roots are finally close enough to black for me to be happy with. 

Other than that she was wonderful. I had her trim my bangs and frame and she did just fine with that. It was just the 3 hours of dyeing and redyeing that I couldn't handle. 

The quest for a good hair dresser continues...
Love and Turtledoves,
Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!