Friday, July 2, 2010

Beauty in clothes


*weheartit*


Hello my lovelies, I hope you all are wonderful. During my vacation away from California, I some how have been gaining more and more consistent comments (thank you so much, it really makes my day to hear from everyone.) and I wanted to do a post that is a little more personal.

I have written about body issues before and I wanted to touch on it again, because I don't feel like enough people talk about it and really talk about it. I believe that all people are beautiful: tall, thin, chubby, short, or any other shape & size. I truly believe this, it isn't something I'm trying to sell. I see beauty in personality, as well as appearance.

However, I have my own problems with my body. I like who I am and the older I get the more I like who I am, even if I am stubborn and OCD, but my body image still plagues me. I know I am not alone, and I have no intentions of being showered with "You're gorgeous" or "Don't think that way." It's just truth. Certain parts of my body don't make me feel great about myself. I dislike that clothing dictates that I'm a certain not-so-small size even though I am very much an average 5'5", 17 year old woman.

I am disappointed in the fact that depending where I shop is what size I am. I hate shopping in Forever 21 now because their smalls are SO SMALL and their larges aren't accurate. Their store tells me I am a small plus sized woman, which isn't true. I'm quite average.

To keep myself from a rant, my point is clothing shouldn't dictate our body image. I know that I let myself believe I am "fat" because clothes tell me I'm a size 11-13 (there, I said it!). But I know I shouldn't. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I don't have a want to be skinny. I just want to be understood by clothing stores that I am not a plus sized woman. I am simply not thin. I feel some apprehension on posting this post, mostly because I do not want to be misunderstood. I want to learn to love myself, not to work out till I need to faint and never eat ice cream again. Why can't our clothing sizes be more realistic?

I just wish other girls don't have to feel the way I do because they're normally sized.
Love and Turtledoves,
Jaco

3 comments:

  1. this is great. i'm glad people are realizing not everyone can be a size 2 model. i think being curvy is beautiful. everyone is different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind being bigger, I will leave the skinniness for the models, well done to em, it must be a big commitment, they look great and they must care a lot about what people think about them. I make it a rule to only care what the people I love think, and they love me just as I am. I get very cross with shops (in the UK it's Primark) they make clothes in a size 8 (think that's an American 4) and then add inches as the size go up, but I have a lot of junk in my trunk and a tiny waist, and they don;t make clothes like that. Well done for speaking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. It's totally true; go you! ALSO can I just say that .... Sizing is so weird anyway... And confusing. And varied. It's not about being skinny or fat; it's about being healthy-- which is beautiful! =]

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!