Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Self love


Flickr

Today, Gala Darling asked the followers of Radical Self Love Movement, to answer this question, "Why do you treat your best friend better than you treat yourself? In what ways can you behave more like you’re your own best friend?

I feel like this is a question I ask myself and have never really found the answer to. I know I treat my friends better than I treat myself, even when they're getting on my nerves. They may or may not know this, but it's not really the point.

Why do I treat myself lesser than my friends? Probably because I don't feel like I deserve it? I have to fight myself to give myself time alone to get things done that I want done. I have a very hard time relaxing, probably because I put everything above my own time. I often feel like I'm fighting my own mind, especially today. I have schoolwork but, not exaggerating, I cannot do it tonight. Lack of good sleep has me a bit fried and so I had to give up after a while. The only downside to this is, if I don't sleep well tonight then I still have to do it tomorrow.

I probably treat myself under everyone else because I have low self esteem. That I feel like other people deserve things I can't give myself? I know I am a strong person but I am my worst critic, that is without a doubt. I know I should treat myself better.

But would that ever happen?

~ Jaco

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!