Thursday, September 2, 2010

What do you believe in?

*weheartit*

Tonight as I'm making some random mixture of chicken, egg noodles, corn and chicken broth (I really wanted a casserole and we don't have a lot of the necessary ingredients of a casserole. Especially the casserole dish itself.) and blogging from my kitchen (while my fridge's ice maker clucks like a chicken), I fall up on Gala Darling's twitter and notice her "about me" thing says " I believe in pink lingerie, sequins, radical self-love & candy-coloured Cadillacs. " And it made me suddenly think about the things I believe in. I don't necessarily mean religious beliefs, although those are important to many people, I mean... If you had to explain to someone from another planet, 10 amazingly awesome things you believe in or think they NEED to know about, what would it be?

If I had to explain 10 amazingly awesome things I believe in, have trust in, anything!, it would be these...

1. Playing musical instruments. And I mean get a teacher and learn. I have played clarinet for 10 years now and really believe it has developed my mind in a way I can't imagine living without. Also, I'm pretty sure it's the reason I've typed pretty darn fast since 4th grade. And although I complain, to myself, about practicing my clarinet I know that it brings a joy to my heart other things don't bring. There is something about making music that is unlike anything else.

2. Learn to cook. Although I don't cook very often, it is one a very fulfilling thing to do. I grew up in my grandmother's kitchen, constantly making lunch and dinner for my mom and grandpa. I've made at least 15 pies in my life time, and we don't make them all that often! It's something so deeply rooted in my brain that I cannot WAIT to cook dinner for Donny and I soon :)

3. Only keep relationships that make you truly happy. This last year has been a roller coaster of friendships for me, and it's really taught me to be more selective with who I spend my time. If a relationship doesn't make me feel contented, then it's not worth it. And if it makes me feel anxious, it's outta the question! Never. again.

4. Dress how you want to dress. The better you think you look, the better other people think you look. If you feel like wearing heels and a dress, wear it heels and a dress, if you feel like wearing a Star Wars tee and some jeans? Wear the heck out of that Star Wars tee and jeans. Be happy in your outfit choices.

5. Create a space you are outrageously comfortable in. It might be a craft room, man cave, or fort! No matter what everyone should have a space that is their most comfortable. Mine is on the left side of my couch, typing away or sewing away while my cat cuddles on the right side of the couch.

6. Learn what makes you feel beautiful. I like to wear nice dresses and bright lipstick, what makes you feel like a vixen?

7. Take time to yourself. I personally need time alone to keep my brain in order. Too much face time makes me stressed out and all around crabby! *Sorry babe♥* I like to just sit, listen to music, or take a bath. Remember that although it's important to socialize, it's important to keep in touch with yourself.

8. Rammstein. I know it's random and not so much like the rest of the list, but something about Rammstein speaks to my soul.

9. Set a routine. My routine helps me keep my anxiety down, as well as my stress. I like to get up, shower, get ready for school, make my bed, check email/etsy/fb/ectect, make my lunch, and then head out to school for a few hours. Having a set of things to do every morning helps get my mind in check for the day ahead.

And finally...
10. Do things that make you really really happy. Sure, not everything in your day to day will make you jump for joy, but make sure to do a lot of things that do. But don't force yourself. I sew all the time, but some days it's just not a sewing day. And so I may do a little bit if I need to sew, but I don't push it. You don't want to force things into being unfun.

So that's my list of 10 amazing things I believe everyone should know. :) In a way these are things I believe in. I'd love to here the things you believe in! Feel free to comment them or to blog them and pleeease leave a link! I want to know 10 more things I need to know.

Love and Turtledoves,
Jaco

5 comments:

  1. When you're right, you're right. I agree with all of these. And guess what? I start guitar lessons on Sunday! I am so excited. I've been wanting to for a long time and I'm finally doing something about it. Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make me laugh :) good luck on yours lessons, we need to hang out soon! If you ever need help w/ like the music side of it, let me know. <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jaco - for such a young lady, you are so insightful. I agree with all of these as well and I think it took me much longer to realize them. Good for you!!

    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!